Recommended Summer Reads

22:12

Summer is well on it’s way here in the UK, with it being the hottest July day (for the UK) on record! I know I’m ‘feeling summery’ (although I am sat inside right now, with a fan and ice water), but I can’t feel truly in the season without some perfect books! In this mega list, I will do different genres which I think are ‘summery’ (I don’t really know how a Fantasy novel can be summery, so I guess you can just read it all year round), or that you should just read right now.

Paranormal Mystery
1. Vampire Academy - Please don’t let the title put you off this book. It’s about a bad-ass heroine being loyal, courageous, and hilarious in an unusual high school.
2. The Raven Boys - This book is perfect for the beach because you can spend time getting through the world-building and discovering this unusual yet lovable world.
3. Don’t Look Back by - It’s so addictive, perfect for long days spent doing nothing. You’ll be able to race through it, because it’s impossible to put down!
4. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - This is one of my favourite books of all time. It’s so readable, and I flew through it. I wish I was able to read it in the sun, in one sitting!

Romance
1. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - I loved this book. I read it while under the camping sun, and it’s so fluffy and enjoyable it makes a perfect summer read.
2. I’ll Give You the Sun - This book is so amazing. I love Jandy’s writing style, and it even has the word ‘sun’ in the title. Need I say more?
3. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda - This is another book of pure joy and fluff. I think I was smiling for the whole way through it because it’s just so enjoyable.


Fantasy
1. Half Bad - I really enjoyed this book, and wish I could forget everything about it, and just read it again. It has a really original concept, and a unique world too.
2. The Mortal Instruments - If you haven’t read these books yet, where have you been?! I’d suggest marathoning all 10 books in the Shadowhunter Chronicles before the TV show comes out in January!
3. A Court of Thorns and Roses - This is another book that I really love. It’s based around Beauty and the Beast, so has a really badass protagonist who - like all of Sarah J. Maas’ characters - completely slays.

Dystopian
1. Only Ever Yours - Although it’s not exactly an enjoyable read, it’s very addictive, and a very important book. It really appeals to my feminist side (which is all of my sides), so I would recommend it to all genders too. Please don’t be put off by the cover!
2. Enclave - I’m yet to continue with the series, but I really want to. It has zombies and a flawed-yet-lovable protagonist. And it has no romance. Yes please!
3. Shatter Me - This is one of my all-time favourite series. The writing style is so beautiful, I completely flew through them all. Perfect for when you have a lot of time to read!

What would you recommend for summer?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. HI I really like your recommendations and I will definitely try reading them. Just looking through your blog and I love it! Followed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll be sure to return the favour :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I read and respond to every comment, so make sure to check back to see my reply. Have a nice day! ☺♥