Reader Problems Tag

16:00

Anna @ Enchanted by YA did this on her blog (she tagged everyone), and it looks loads of fun, so today I’m going to give it a go and do something a little different.

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

This barely ever happens to me - I usually only have a few unread books on my shelf, so I’ve never really had to deal with this problem before. I would probably ask a few friends which they have enjoyed, and make a decision on that. Or, look at some reviews on Goodreads and see which one intrigues me the most.

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?

It really depends for me. Usually I will persevere through a book (because I can always write a review on how I didn’t like it!), but if I’ve borrowed it from somewhere, I’ll probably just return it. If I own the book I’m definitely more dedicated to it.

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, yet so far from your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try and catch up and how?

If I was really close, I’d probably just try and read quickly, but if I still have a fair way to go, I’d just read normally. We’ve all got to remember that reading is for fun, so we definitely shouldn’t put pressure on ourselves just because of a reading challenge.

4. The covers of a series you love does not match. How do you cope?

I don’t know! This has happened to me with the Divergent series and I hate it. They are still together on my shelf (looking rather ugly), but I just try to not look at them by putting them in the corner of my shelf. I’m thinking of arranging my shelf in colour-order, so it wouldn’t be as noticeable then.



5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with overshared feelings?

One of my favourite things about being a book blogger is that you can almost always find someone who shares the same opinion as you. I’d probably hunt for that person, and then we can rant to each other!

6. You’re reading a book and you’re about to start crying in public. How do you deal?

This has never happened to me, so I don’t really know for this one. I’d probably just shamelessly cry! Or make an excuse to go to the bathroom, and sob until my heart’s content there.

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a summary on goodreads? Cry in frustration?!

I’d probably just read the sequel, and hope for the best! Hopefully it would come back to me as I was reading, otherwise I’d probably just google the answer, or look on Goodreads.

8. You do not want anyone - ANYONE - borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?

I’d usually agree, but then just ‘forget the book’. Or just say I’ve lost it / can’t find it, which we all know is a lie because I’d never lose a book.

9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?

I usually just re-read a few of my favourite chapters from some happy books that I’d loved previously, and that gets me out of the reading slump. If that doesn’t work, I’d read a book that looks really light and fluffy - it’s practically impossible to be in a reading slump with a fluffy contemporary!

10. There are so many books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?

I’d usually buy the sequels to books I’ve already read, or if they’re by an author that I’ve read and loved before. If it’s just a new release that looks good, I probably wouldn’t buy it straight away. If I’m in the book shop again and I see it, I might buy it then, but usually I will wait until it comes out in paperback because they’re so much cheaper.

11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to read them?


Not long! If I was so excited to read them and bought them straight away, I will probably read them pretty quickly. So, they will be sat on my shelf for an absolute maximum of 2 weeks, but probably shorter.

I tag:
Cody-Leigh @ Literary-ly Obsessed
Emily @ Lit Wit Reads
If you want to do this tag, consider yourself tagged by me!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I read and respond to every comment, so make sure to check back to see my reply. Have a nice day! ☺♥