Review: Remix

21:04

Remix
By Non Pratt

Source: Library, Paperback
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Music

Goodreads Synopsis:

Kaz is still reeling from being dumped by the love of her life... Ruby is bored of hearing about it. Time to change the record.

Three days. Two best mates. One music festival. Zero chance of everything working out.


My Review:

I really didn’t think I was going to enjoy this book as much as I ended up doing! I hoped that I would like it, but the setting of a music festival kind of put me off. There’s so much hype surrounding Non Pratt though, so I was determined to find out what everyone was raving about.

This being said, I went into Remix with little expectations, and finished the book with a massive grin on my face. There were ups and downs, but this is such a feel good book, and I ended up really enjoying it. It bordered on being cliche many times, but I was enjoying it so much that I really didn’t mind.

I think the thing that made this book so enjoyable for me were the characters. They were all so well developed and individuals, and I cared about them all so much. I was completely invested in this mainly character-driven story, and was desperate to read on at all times.

I really liked Ruby and Kaz, our protagonists. Though some will find the constant switching of POVs annoying, I enjoyed this element of the book, and didn’t find it confusing at all. They were both very different, but in the end came together. The running theme of their friendship was my favourite from the book because it was so realistic and accurate to life. This book really made me yearn for a friendship like theirs, and grateful for the lovely friends I have.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book! It would make an amazing film (or even theatre play...), so I’d definitely recommend picking it up. At some points I was actually laughing out loud (I did get some weird stares), and at others I was burying my face in second-hand embarrassment. It deals with some really important themes, so I’d definitely recommend for fans of the genre.


Rating:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This book sounds like a fun & enjoyable read! Glad to know you enjoyed it and it went beyond your expectations, Denise! :D

    Fiona | A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, I'd definitely recommend it to you! Thanks for the comment, Fiona :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I read and respond to every comment, so make sure to check back to see my reply. Have a nice day! ☺♥