Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

20:51

Attachments
By Rainbow Rowell

Source: Personal purchase, paperback
Genres: Adult, Romance, Contemporary, 

Goodreads Synopsis:

By day, two young women spend their hours emailing each other, discussing every aspect of their lives. By night, Lincoln, a lonely IT guy, spends his hours reading every exchange. Soon Lincoln is drawn into their lives, and finds himself falling for one of them. Lincoln decides it's time to muster the courage to follow his heart.

My Review:

This book was very good. I thought that the characters were very believable, and that made me really care about them. I was involved in the story, and it made me want to read more.

The only problem I had with the book was that it dragged. There were points in the middle where I really couldn't care less, and where things hadn't happened for a long time. Although, it was nice to see how the characters developed and how they changed their life (especially Lincoln), but - to be honest - I felt that the majority of the book was just setting the scene. Also, the book didn't really give closure: the whole book we were building up to this one point, and then there was only about 10 pages of it. Though, I did still enjoy the bits where nothing happened, but I would have preferred if the pacing was faster. 

I have mixed opinions on this book. On the one hand, I really did enjoy it and wanted to read it again, but on the other hand, it was a bit of a pointless read. Though, to contradict that, it did teach me some lessons, like you can really love somebody for just their personality and to love someone for how they are when they are at their most relaxed. Also, it taught me that you can be fully loved, and not just to settle for love.

Overall, it was a good book, and I enjoyed it, but it dragged a bit, and definitely could be a lot shorter. It was super cute, and the banter between Jennifer and Beth had me laughing out loud! I would recommend if you're looking for a laugh.

Rating:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have hears so many amazing things about Rainbow Rowell that I'm excited to read some of her work, though it's likely I won't read this. Anyways, welcome to the blogging world!

    Most recent post: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2014/12/christmas-book-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell but really want to start reading some of her other books! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read and respond to every comment, so make sure to check back to see my reply. Have a nice day! ☺♥