Top Five Friday #8: Best Character Developments

19:41


Top Five Friday is a meme hosted at Katieemay which lists our top 5 choices based on a bookish theme

*****
I recently read a book series with some amazing character development which inspired me to make this week’s topic Best Character Developments! As always, this list will be in no particular order.

1. Clary Fray from The Mortal Instruments

I still don’t really like Clary much, but I hated her in the first 3 books in the series. She was needy and annoying to the other Shadowhunters, and was just desperate to be accepted. However, in the last 3 books in the series, she was much more independent. Finally she didn’t need Luke or Jace to be constantly looking out for her, and I cared about her much more.

2. Alec Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments

Alec was so moody at the start of the book, but he was just confused and jealous. Over the course of the book I definitely grew to love him (to the extent of him being one of my favourite characters ever) because he’s now so confident and sassy. He developed into his true personality which we didn’t see in CoB and CoA.


The whole point of this book was character development, so if Bree didn’t change the book would just be pointless! She was really insecure at the start, yet at the end she was really confident and had great self-esteem. She learnt so much through the book which I think was really important for the readers to learn too.





4. Britt Pheiffer from Black Ice

Although I hated Britt throughout the entire book, she changed well through the story. The whole point of her trip (so the book) was to win back her ex-boyfriend, yet she came back completely over him and instead being more about herself. For the majority of the book, she was pretty useless and couldn’t do much, but was much more independent at the end.




5. Juliette Ferrars from the Shatter Me Series

Juliette was the person who gave me inspiration to write this post. She started off the series as a really irritating character because just cried every page. In Ignite Me, she made great decisions for herself (most of the time!), and finally stopped crossing out every word! She was much more independent, compared to Shatter Me, where she had to have Adam *cringes* do everything for her.



Do you agree with any of my choices? Or think I've missed someone out? Let me know below, I'd love to hear what you think!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hiyaaa!
    Congratulations! You've been nominated for a Liebster Award!
    Check out my blog for all the rules and how to get involved ;)

    Cody @ http://literary-lyobsessed.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should add all these books in my tbr list. Saw your review on The Manifesto on How to be Interesting it sounds a great read. :)

    Mariz @ http://sliceofreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I really enjoyed all of them! The Manifesto on How to be Interesting is a really great read. Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I read and respond to every comment, so make sure to check back to see my reply. Have a nice day! ☺♥