A-Z Bookish Survey

17:05


Today I have decided to do the A-Z Bookish Survey, which was originally created by The Perpetual Page Turner, and I found through Confessions of a Bookaholic. It looked like loads of fun, and I haven’t done anything like this for a while, so I just thought why not?

Author you’ve read the most from

Probably Cassandra Clare - I have read 10 books by her so far, and I hope to read more of the ones that are yet to be released.

Best sequel ever

This is a hard one! This one probably has to go to The Evolution of Mara Dyer and The Retribution of Mara Dyer (sequels to The Unbecoming of Mara dyer), because this series is one of my all-time favourites, and they follow on so well.

Currently reading

The Manifesto on How to be Interesting by Holly Bourne

Drink of choice while reading

Water - I don’t actually really like any other drinks that much, not enough to have all the time, or to be trusted not to spill ;)

E-reader or physical book?

I have to say physical book, because I just love the smell and being able to admire it on my shelf. But I do like e-readers because the books are so cheap and it’s so handy to carry it round.

Fictional character you probably would have dated in high school?

I am in high school now, and I would never actually date in high school. But I’ll just pretend this one says in future life, in which I would probably date Noah Shaw

Glad you gave this book a chance
City of Bones (the whole of The Mortal Instruments), because I love this series so much, yet I did have to persevere through CoB.

Hidden gem book

Enclave by Ann Aguirre is an amazing book (review here) which no-one seems to have read

Important moment in your reading life

Making my book blog! I have made so many friends, and have found so many amazing books that I would never have found out about otherwise. I love sharing my love for reading, and it has encouraged me to read more. It was definitely an important moment!

Just finished

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin *cries*

Kinds of books you won’t read

Books about sport, most non-fiction, children’s books (pre - YA), books with graphic sex scenes ... I don’t really have a specific genre that I won’t read. I’m pretty open minded, genre-wise.

Longest book you’ve ever read

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (733 pages)

Major book hangover because

I don’t really get book hangovers, but I got a pretty big one from the Hush Hush series.

Number of book cases you own

I actually only own one, but it’s my massive shelves, which is a whole wall size.

One book you have read multiple times

This has to be The Bane Chronicles - it always picks me up when I’m feeling low, so I keep coming back to it. It just makes me so happy :)

Preferred place to read

I’m pretty boring with this one - when it’s cold I like my bed, but in the summer I love to read in the evening, when it’s just the perfect temperature outside.

Quote that inspires you / gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read

“I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that, I will love you then” ~ City of Glass

Reading regret

(Not really sure what this one means...) I don’t ever regret reading a book. Even if it’s really bad, I still don’t regret reading it, because I can say how much I hated it.

Series you started and need to finish

Shatter Me series - the rest of the series is never in the shop when I go *sad face*

Three of your all time favourite books

This is so hard!: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, The Retribution of Mara Dyer...
Stand alones: I’ll Give you the Sun by Jandy Nelson, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (and so much more)

Unapologetic fangirl for...

Basically any fandom! (I have a fan account on Instagram in which I fangirl on a daily basis - @dauntless.rune) I will fangirl a lot for any Cassandra Clare book, the Divergent series, Doctor Who... any book / TV program I love. I fangirl a lot. For anything.

Very excited for this release more than all others

This is too hard! Probably Queen of Shadows, which is the next in the Throne of Glass series (expected to come out September this year!).

Worst bookish habit:

I have a tendency to drift off while I’m reading, and then I don’t know what’s happening - it’s very annoying!

X Marks the spot: Start at the top left of your bookshelf and pick the 27th book:

How They met and other stories by David Levithan

Your latest book purchase:

Half Bad and Half Wild by Sally Green (Half Wild is signed by the author!)

Zzz-snatcher (the last book that kept you up WAY late):

I don’t really stay up late reading, but The Evolution of Mara Dyer kept me up, as I read that and then did homework, but I didn’t realise how much I had to do.

I hope you enjoyed something different! Please let me know if you would like me to do more things like this :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I read and respond to every comment, so make sure to check back to see my reply. Have a nice day! ☺♥